Saturday, June 02, 2007

John Joseph Stephen & Julie Wiber née Pask

This information relates to the Purple-Icon tree - descendants of John & Frances Pask née Haffinden who originated from Thundersley, Essex.

Colleen Willis our most prolific researcher of Pasks in Australia, has provided some information on Julia Pask, who we knew married a Wiber, but had no additional information. Colleen writes:

Julia arrived on the 'Parsee' as discovered before. Her first child was born at sea in 1858, named Emma Julia, but they travelled under the name Pask. Then I found that Julia had married John Joseph Wiber June Qtr. 1857 Maidstone Kent. He does not appear to be on the Parsee, but I can't be sure about that. Julia Wiber died in Collingwood Victoria Australia in 1904, They had nine children before 1879. I have looked for his birth, the name could be Webber. I looked at the 1841 and 1851 census, but cant pick him. Victorian records don't have a death for him either.
I have searched for some additional information, and have found an entry on Ancestry World Tree indicating that John was born in c1830. Also that they were married on 3 June 1857 in Maidstone. I will contact Wayne Robinson, the researcher, and see if I can find more information.