Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Descendants of Alfred Harry & Annie Pask née Thomas

This information relates to the khaki-icon tree - descendants of Peter & Catherine Pask née Frost, born 1739 in Kedington, Suffolk.

As a follow on to the recent blog titled Alfred Harry & Hazel Pask née Ulph. I contacted Edwin Prockter, who has extensively researched this family.

Alfred was born on 4 September 1906. His parents were Alfred Harry Snr & Annie Pask née Thomas. Whilst searching the births I realised that several other births had the mother's maiden name of Thomas. I wrote to Edwin as I felt sure he would be able to help me. He wrote back:

Edith Rosetta May, was the eldest; Millicent Annie Kathleen;
Alfred Harry Jnr; Hilda Vera, my mother; Evelyn Blanche
Frederick Reginald; Royston; Winnie Doreen; Herbert T; Robert Winston; Iris Freda - Six girls and four boys.
There is a very interesting but tragic history to this family, Annie the mother dropped dead on 5th Noverber 1917 at their house in Grapes Hill, Norwich, while father at Colchester with the Army. The family were largely cared for by Edith the eldest child, but my mother was taken by her Aunt to the home of a Lady, and spent a few years there.

I am indebted to Edwin for this additional information. I have included this into the database and it will be available in the next website update.