Sunday, November 26, 2006

GOONS - Computer Seminar

The Guild of One-Name Studies (GOONS) had a computer seminar in Hounslow yesterday on Organising Records on a Computer. I was invited to present on how I organise my records using The Master Genealogist (TMG).

I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge, and learnt a lot. Jeanne Bunting was the organiser and she provided guidelines and recommended using a PowerPoint presentation instead of a demonstration. This worked exceptionally well. Although the initial presentation took longer and involved creating screenshots, it was definitely worth the effort. Thanks Jeanne for the tip. Also thanks to my dear friend Jan Cooper for helping me with the determining of the content.

The day was very interesting and included demonstrations on Custodian 3, and Family Historian. A memorable day.