Thursday, November 23, 2006

Marriage Transcript for William & Phoebe Cornell née Pask

Today I included the marriage transcript, provided by Michael Debenham as part of the Newmarket Registration District Marriage Challenge. Unfortunately when Michael provided this some time ago, I did not include the details in the database.

The marriage was of William Cornell and Phoebe Pask on 8 April 1871 in St. Andrews, Soham, Cambridgeshire.

Subsequently, I researched Phoebe, and found that she was born in 1850 in Ridgewell Essex, the daughter of William & Mary Pask née Winch. I also found William in the 1841, assumed to be living with his parents Robert & Ruth Pask.

I have researched this family in the 1841-1901 census, although it was not easy as their names were enumerated and indexed incorrectly several times. However I have added in www.ancestry.co.uk the corrections, so it should be easier to find them in future. This information will be included in the next website update.